Monday, January 29, 2007

I Can't Believe Its Not The Justice League Movie!!

Inspired by one of my favorite teams of all time, the JLI (or whatever incarnation of Justice they were going by) I started scribbling down actors I would like to see as members in a movie version. Its not going to be hard to tell who some of my favorite characters are (mostly due to the mind shattering lineup that fought Doomsday causing me to back track into Giffen/DeMatteis/MacGuire runs). Its really an incomplete list, but its just something I came up with while studying...instead of studying:













John DeLancie as Max Lord: (otherwise known as Q from Star Trek or Jeff Bridges buddy in Fearless) , I was thinking Conan O'Brien at first, actually watching Conan O'Brien got me started on this movie thing, but then I realized he would be too over the top insane, DeLancie has just the right amount of over the top insane.














Ryan Reynolds as Blue Beetle: (sans goatee) has the funny and the physically fit body to pull this off no problem, and I don’t think I’ve seen a movie with him that I didn’t like. Reminder to have a tribute post to the beauty that is Smokin Aces.














Neil Patrick Harris as Booster Gold: Dougie Howser himself has not only proved himself to be consistently funny lately (if you’re watching How I Met Your Mother that is), but he’s definitely kept in shape. Not only that, but the Beetle/Booster gay jokes can roll in since Neil is openly gay.














Ben Affleck as Guy Gardner: (Mallrats), who can go through a wide range of emotions yet deep down still be an asshole. Perfect.














Elisha Cuthbert as Ice: lets face it, any ideal movie to me would have the eye candy of Elisha Cuthbert, plus Ice isn't too much of a stretch for any female to play characterwise.













Carla Gugino as Fire because we know she looks fantastic nude (evidence from Sin City) so her naked and green shooting Fire and being sassy really works for me (I dont know about you, ;) fag) Also if she can stand her ground with Mickey Rourke throwing fake punches at her, she can handle Guy.














Michael Dorn as Martian Manhunter: (better known as Worf from Star Trek) has clearly played an alien for 8 years, I don’t see this being a big stretch for him. He’s tall, used to wearing eyebrown makeup, and has a good, deep, commanding, yet still isolated voice.





















Tim Roth as Mister Miracle: (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs) His face just screams Kirby-esque to me for some reason, plus I always kind of see Mr Miracle when I look at the cover to his movie Invincible.













Christian Bale as Batman: (Patrick Batman haha clever pun!!!) would show up in a cameo, because lets face it, why not, this is my movie after all.















Pam Anderson as Power Girl: maybe shes not the greatest actress the world has seen but she knows how to be funny and how to spoof herself (which is what Power Girl is all about to me). That plus she has a great rack (which is ACTUALLY what Power Girl is all about to me).














Michael Clarke Duncan as Despero: has proved himself in not just one big budget comic movie, but two. If he can convince me that the Kingpin is black then he can convince me a giant pink phallic-looking alien is badass.



BONUS













Gene Hackman as Oberon: I mean if they can shrink Elijah Wood and Sean Asten, they can shrink Gene Hackman. I generally hate Gene Hackman, but only because he generally plays roles where you have to hate him, and I think this is one of those roles (since the Leaguers are always getting pissy towards him).

No comments: