Saturday, March 3, 2007

O/T - DANKO JONES!!!!!

This is gonna be off topic, so if you dont like it, eat shit and read on anyways. Last night was the Brier (aka curling, whatever its not the important part) concert. Idle Sons, Danko Jones, and the Trews. Needless to say I didn't stay for the Trews because of the annoying radio (man what a douchebag) host inbetween, but thats besides the point. I brought a couple CDs along in case I bumped into Danko. This is the essential point here. As Idle Sons opened (yes I do like Idle Sons alot, and yes I still need to buy their cd) Danko came in and was checking them out for a bit. So Alicia (my sexy lady) turns to me and goes "Hey, isn't that Danko?".
Well after freaking and passing out for about 30 seconds, I compose and head up to God himself. Well my incarnation of god at least, I know most of you look to Alec Baldwin for that (watch the clip below all the way to the end)


Wow, I'm really getting off topic here. Lets bring it around again shall we? Brier, Music, Coat Check, Danko...so I go up to Danko and JC finally, and pull out my cds to sign. Since I'm a lameass I panic and don't know what to say so I tell him I saw him in Toronto and he rocked, and ask how the new CD is doing. And if what Danko says is true (being a man of his word) then this new album should be the best yet. Well played good sir, well played.
Now I realize what I forgot to to ask him, about putting a song on the new Guitar Hero. That would be like the 2 greatest things in the world come together as one, much like peanut butter and anything else (chocolate, jam, crackers, celery, uhh did I mention jam?).
The only thing missing was my camera, and I'm a little pissed I didn't bring it, but I'll get him next time. For now this creamed my goat (is that an actual phrase?):





















The show needless to say was phenomenal, despite the idiots who got onstage and were either promptly hauled off or taken off by a cop after they fucked up Lovercall. But Danko knows how to play the crowd, play off the dumbasses and still always look classy. Yet again, well played sir. Well played.

No comments: